Ipswich Fish & Game Association
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

50 yard berm restrictions

2 posters

Go down

50 yard berm restrictions Empty 50 yard berm restrictions

Post by Bostique Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:12 am

Recieved the following email the other day. Can anyone clarify these restrictions? Does this mean that the pistol range can no longer be used or are they referring to the mid-range berm on the rifle side of the range. Haven't been down to see the renovated berm that they refer to. Just want to be sure before using the facility this year.

From the Rifle/Pistol Committee:

Due to EPA regulations regarding the wetlands that club is built on, and the potential for lead to leech into the soil, shooting into the 50 yard berm is prohibited. This means that the target holder placed in front of the renovated berm is no longer usable and has been relocated. Please ensure that all shots fired on the rifle range land inside the 100 yard berm. Accommodations for prone shooters will be revisited.

We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

Bostique

Back to top Go down

50 yard berm restrictions Empty Re: 50 yard berm restrictions

Post by Shaune Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:18 pm

My understanding is that it is only the Riffle side berm. You can setup a 50yard target behind the berm so lead ends up in the 100yd. This does not affect the pistol range is my understanding.
Shaune
Shaune

Back to top Go down

Post by Bostique Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:13 pm

Thanks for your reply Shaune. That would make sense and should only effect prone shooters. I gotta try and make it down there this week ... I'm long overdue for some target practice!

Bostique

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down